Monday, November 9, 2009

Aging

I used to claim that I was like Peter Pan, I would never grow up. I still am not sure how grown up I am inside. I feel like I am a teenager most days. Sadly, My body doesnt concur and the clock keeps ticking. I had a horrible sinking feeling today when I realized that I am now 45. I remember when I thought people who were 45 were OLD and I realize that is how they must think of me.

Age is not just a state of mind, no matter how much I say that it is. The body does indeed age. Mine is a prime example of the aging thing. Diabetes, arthritis in my knees, cholesterol...whatever else. Sometimes the body can undermine the youth in my mind. Mostly though, I forget I am not still 18 and just enjoy my life.

I think, in fact......i need to find something incredibly silly and fun to do just to make sure I remember that I am, in fact, NOT too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment