Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Waiting...but definitely not for Godot

This morning I am feeling that butterfly excitement in my stomach, waiting for christmas morning to get here in the middle of the night excitement feeling as I wait for my family to arrive.

I love our empty nest, I really do. Rich and I have found joy and comfort in our routines and our time to spend and talk and cuddle. We like and love each other and life is good. I dont really want the girls to move back in, but I do miss them. I miss their hugs, and I miss their laughter. I miss having somebody to talk to about theatre. I miss hearing about their day, and knowing they are up on their computers chatting with the world instead of sleeping. (yeah, most moms would be saying they miss seeing them tucked sleeping into their beds. I dont think I have seen that for a couple of years. They outlast me in the stay up all night department)

So here I am, writing a blog about waiting....while I wait for my girls...

It kind of is like waiting for Godot...waiting for the people I love who will turn my life upside down in the most glorious way for a couple of days and then go back to their own lives. Maybe Chris is really Godot. He has never visited before...it could be......

Chris, is your middle name Godot?

No comments:

Post a Comment