Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giving Thanks.....


I have had the most wonderful life ...and plan to keep having a wonderful life.

Family: two parents who were the most amazing people. Role models both as individuals and role models for marriage.

A brother who I am so glad I have had the chance to get to know this past year. Even if the circumstances werent the best..it is nice to know you Dana.

A husband who is the most amazing man and partner. Who takes care of me..and believe me, that takes some doing. A 25 year marriage with a person that I would choose today if I had to choose again.

Two daughters that are amazing people. Who have strong character, good hearts, talented and determined and have so much to offer the world.

I live in a wonderful community with people who are so supportive of the theatre program, and me personally.

I have such good friends.

My administration is amazing. I thank God for Stacey Carlisle every single day. She has brought the joy back into teaching for me.

I have wonderful students who find excitement in learning about theatre.

My dogs are always there to lick and wag their tails when they see me. they make me feel like I am the most important person.

I am so lucky that Bekah has a life partner who is an amazing and good person who shares Bek's passion for film.

I am thankful that Laura is having a cavity enducing experience in her life.

I love my house. I love my bed (although right now I sure wish I hadnt had coffee while i was baking)

I love cooking and creating new tastes.

I loved cooking all day today for my family. I love that I am able to do something for them.

I love most that we are all going to get together this week. To talk, to laugh, to remember, to love, to share, to EAT

I dont think we give thanks enough. I think we are always looking for more, better, improved. I know I am. As I am on my quest for more, better, and improved , I forget that today is its own blessing. I forget to say "i love you" often enough, or "thank you" often enough. I forget to slow down and savor life. I am always in such a rush. On to the next project without taking a nice breathe to enjoy the completion of the one before it.

So...my middle of the night sleepless self promise is to give thanks more for all of the blessings in my wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment