Friday, August 14, 2009

24 years and counting


This weekend is Rich and my anniversary. 24 years as husband and wife. Two dozen years....more than half my life.

We have faught, laughed, cried, done foolish things, hurtful things, loving things....we have had adventures and quiet nights in front of the fire....we have walked hand in hand on the beach...and swam hand in hand in the bluest waters of the caribbean. We have forgiven one another. We have disliked one another. We have resented one another. but more.....We committed to one another and neither of us was willing to give up on that committment we made to each other for better or worse. As a result something deep and abiding has grown. Our relationship is a rock, it is strong, it has weathered and can weather any storm, and no matter what comes our way...that rock is strong because it is us together.

24 years. I remember the words of 'our song' ...the one we danced to at our wedding...

~you know our love was meant to be the kind of love to last forever
and i want you here with me...from tonight until the end of time
you should know..everywhere i go...you are always in my mind, in my heart, in my soul baby..
you are the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration
you bring feeling to my life, you're the inspiration
want to have you near me
want to have you hear me saying
no one needs you more than i need you.

So true still today - Every word of it.

I love you Rich...yesterday, today, and always.....

No comments:

Post a Comment