Saturday, August 1, 2009

Connectivity


We live in such a tech heavy world.....connectivity becomes an issue on so many levels. I found myself frustrated beyond what was reasonable this morning because I couldnt log in to the internet while away from home. I wanted to blog. I wanted to check my facebook. I wanted to check my e-mail. I wanted the infinite resources of the internet to help me with lesson plans while I was stuck indoors on a rainy day at the beach.

Sometimes I think this connectivity is such an issue. Take my daughter Bekah...she is all connected, her phone connects her 24/7, yet...is she connected with people? She doesnt answer my phone calls, or her sisters lots of times, or her Dads. Do we use this connectivity to connect to people...or is it just for the sake of having connections we dont have to get personal with except on our own terms.

I just have to shake my head at my frustration, then had to think...I was sitting in the room with the love of my life and frustrated because i couldnt blog???? How ridiculous is that. How ridiculous are we all with our connectivity addictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment