Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Day of School

The First Day of School was always as exciting as Christmas Morning to me. I have always loved school. I love new folders and new school supplies. I always loved the new clothes - that perfect brand new first day outfit.

I still love those things. I may well have become a teacher just so i could re-live the excitement of having a 'first day of school' every year for ...well...too many more years to count!

I also love teaching. I just really love it. I love getting to know new students. I love the energy of a classroom. I love that minute when you KNOW you have their interest and they are involved in learning. I love the reparte between the kids and between them and me. I love everything about teaching except that It starts too early in the morning.

Today my daughter came to school with me. I loved that too, because I love her. I dont get to spend enough time with her and really enjoyed catching up with her during my planning time and sharing my first day happiness with her. She was helpful, she copied papers for me!

I miss my family being together. I miss them getting along. I miss that cohesive unit we used to be. I was ok with empty nesting when everyone was happy with one another...but when I dont feel like, even apart, we are a circle of love and support I just get sad. Particularly now ....losing Mom and losing Meme I realize even more poignantly how important it is to hold on to and cherish and value every moment with the people I love. I feel sad that my family isnt that way right now. I dont understand any idea or ideal that can come before the love of family. I just dont.

anyway...cant talk about this anymore...making me too sad and ruining my First Day Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment